Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Melissa's 1 Year Runniversary

It is officially 365 days since I arrived home from our family cruise, on Jan 20, 2013, and started training for my first half marathon under the esteemed guidance of Corey Turnbull. When I think back, I can't believe the transformation that running has had on my life. It has been a stress reliever, a source of therapy and occasionally a very cold pain in the butt.

It all seems like yesterday......when I couldn't run 5 kilometers without feeling like I was going to throw up; the day I first ran more than 10k and also hit my first "wall"; the feeling of accomplishing my first 18 kilometers, and finally feeling a sense of preparedness.

I can remember the excitement of crossing the finish line at the Spring Fling Running Thing; the disappointment of not reaching my goal time at the Army Half or Road2Hope; the pride of loosing my first toenail; and most of all, the look on my little sisters face when I finally caught a glimpse of her at our first half together (I'm so proud of her!).

So, on my 365th day of running I would like to thank everyone who has inspired, guided, coached, supported, and put up with my running over the last year (there are way too many to mention, but you know who you are!). I couldn't have gotten here without you! To quote Kaitlin Marie Hillier "I don't remember what my life was like before I started running, but it couldn't have been this awesome!"

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment